HOME INSPECTIONS STARTING AT $299
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE HOUSTON TX
For many homeowners, lead in the home is a significant cause for concern. For nearly half a century, more and more concerns have emerged regarding the effects of lead on physical and mental health. This is especially true for children who have an increased risk of lead exposure. In buildings constructed before 1978 your home may have lead-based paints. Deteriorating lead-based paint (peeling, chipping, chalking, crack, or damaged paint) is a hazard that needs immediate attention. Lead-based paint may also be a hazard when found on surfaces that children can chew or that get a lot of wear and tear. To ensure your family’s safety, we can perform lead paint tests.
Lead Test Packages
- Hazard Screening: A visual examination of a specific area of the concert to determine paint condition. Limited XRF Samples focused on a specific area of concern and 2 Dust Wipe samples to check for lead in dust for laboratory analysis (3-day turnaround from lab)
- Lead Basic: XRF analysis of the entire structure including all exterior and interior components, visual inspection of paint condition, and preparation of a certified Lead-Based Paint Inspection Report. (3-day turnaround from the lab)
- Risk Assessment: XRF analysis of the entire structure interior and exterior. Visual inspection of painted components, Dust Sampling in 4 locations in the structure to test for lead dust, and 2 soil samples. (3-day turnaround time from the lab)
MOLD INSPECTIONS / AIR QUALITY TEST
Mold or mould, also sometimes referred to as mildew, is a fungal growth that develops on wet materials. Mold is a natural part of the environment and plays an important part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees. Indoors, mold growth should be present and avoided. Molds are usually not a problem indoors unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Molds have the potential to cause serious health problems. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis).
Indoor air quality tests measure the air for things such as allergens, mold, and radon, among others. These tests can show whether the quality of your indoor air is either safe or dangerous. A good test will measure and tell you accurately what is in the air inside your home or office.
Mold Test Package:
- 3 Air spore trap samples (1 outside baseline, 2 interiors),
- Humidity/temp check, moisture meter readings collected throughout structure reporting and analysis.
- (3-day turnaround time from the lab)
- Additional swabs may be required (fees will be assessed after evaluation)
Magnolia is truly your one-stop shop for every inspection need — we do it all. Inquire about our packages for the best pricing. We even offer a 4-point inspection that is required by most insurance companies and inspections for commercial properties. We serve the Houston Area and the surrounding cities including Montgomery, Conroe, The Woodlands, Spring, Cypress, Tomball, Livingston, Huntsville, and more. Request a quote now, schedule online, or call (832)-303-8048.
Before the 1980s, asbestos was commonly used in thousands of consumer products and building materials. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), more than 30 million tons of asbestos were used between 1900 and 1980. Asbestos is generally not harmful until its fibers are air born. If you breathe asbestos fibers, you may increase the risk of several serious diseases, including asbestosis, mesothelioma, and lung cancer. Asbestos exposure may increase your risk for cancers of the digestive system, including colon cancer. Asbestos Screening is the best solution if damaged material is being repaired which may pose a potential health risk to building occupants. An Asbestos Screening assesses suspect ACM by obtaining samples for analysis. It targets areas with damage and potentially friable suspect ACM.
Asbestos Packages: Standard inspection of suspected ACM (asbestos-containing materials) including, insulation, floor tile, mastic, joint compound, and drywall texture. We can expedite the lab turn-around for $25 per sample (2-day lab turn-around) or $30 per sample (next-day lab turn-around)
Invasive Stucco Inspection
Invasive stucco inspection requires holes to be drilled in exterior/interior walls. After holes are drilled, specialized tools are used to determine the condition of the wood substrate. Generally, this type of inspection requires written contracts with both the buyers, sellers, and the company performing the inspection.
Invasive Stucco Inspection Package: Visual examination of stucco and drilling to take moisture meter readings to test the moisture content of the substrate behind the stucco.