A lot of people have chosen to build a house rather than try to compete with the market surge of the last two years. Building a home is a great way to get the exact features you want, but some mistakenly believe that their new house will be perfectly problem-free. That couldn’t be further from the truth, and that is why Magnolia Home Inspection Services understands the importance of new home construction inspections. Let’s take a look at the three types of new construction inspections that we offer and why they are so important.
1. Phase Construction Inspection
This option includes three inspections over the course of the entire construction process.
- Post-Foundation Forms Inspection: Before the concrete is poured, we will ensure that your house is built on a solid foundation. We will compare the foundation forms against the engineering diagrams.
- Pre-Dry Wall Inspection: Before the drywall has been installed, we will compare the wall socket and light switches to the engineering plans. We will also check the plumbing rough-ins to ensure proper drain locations. There are some common mistakes that have been made by builders at this point in the construction of a new home, and they are costly to correct once the sheetrock is up.
- Final Inspection: This inspection occurs once construction is complete, but before the final walk-through with the builder. We cover the same items as a standard home inspection, and you can accompany us to check cosmetic items.
2. End Of Construction Inspection
This inspection is the same as the final inspection portion of the phase construction inspection. Once we verify that your new home has been built to the highest quality then you can sign the dotted line.
3. Warranty Inspection
The new home warranty inspection is timed to happen four to six weeks before the builder’s warranty expires. This inspection is crucial because this is about the time that problems will start to arise. Without a proper inspection, you may not know they are even there until it’s too late. We will check the interior, exterior, and structural elements so that any issues can be repaired under the builder’s warranty.
Schedule Your New Construction Inspection
Magnolia Home Inspection Services is your one-stop-shop for home inspections because we do it all. We will empower you with the information you need to make an informed decision. In addition to new home construction inspections, we offer commercial inspections, 4 point inspections, buyer & seller inspections, and more. Contact us at (832) 303-8048 or schedule your inspection now. We serve the Houston area and the surrounding cities and towns of Livingston and Hunstville.